Instagram

Friday 30 October 2009

Doily inspiration

I have been so inspired by everyone's contributions. Thankyou!
Here is the latest link by Karen (which didn't work for me) but I found the site ok.
Doily wall hanging.
 I have also heard of people using a salt solution for the same effect. It looks beautiful and easy! I remember seeing sugar doily baskets at fetes when I was young. You let them dry over or inside the object of your choice. The beauty of this is that it is non-toxic. There are also products such as paverpol which is a permanent and waterproof textile hardener.

However, on this blog there is another page full of doily ideas which is just wonderful (I hope someone wasn't planning to use this link)


And if you visit the main page there is a link and pics of some gorgeous chandeliers made from everyday objects. Quite amazing!

When this giveaway is finished I will put together a compendium of doily ideas for easy referral. I know I will be wanting to refer back to it again and again.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea Helen, I shall use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I like the garland. Doilies lend themselves to bunting...I'm going to use that idea someday.

    ReplyDelete