Instagram

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Too tired Tuesday

Due to a certain young lady, age 2, deciding she needed to treat my back like a trampoline while occupying the center of our perfectly generous King sized bed last night, today has been a bit of a wipe out.
I did manage to get the dishes washed and tea made early (imagining an early night for the aforementioned young lady).
I also picked up poor Gladys (the Gladiola treadle sewing machine) who despite a shabby top, seemed to have plenty of potential, until I realised a vital piece was missing. The tension dial. I expected that for $6 there would be issues. At this stage I am thinking of cannibalizing one of my other old machines in the hopes it might then work. That will be tomorrow's mission.
And I used my Singer to repair some work trousers for DS. It went through the waistband of the heavy drill pants without a murmur and didn't skip a beat while stitching through the 10 layers of waistband and folded belt loop. It was totally SWEET! After all the oiling yesterday it seems to have soaked in even more overnight as it was so easy to treadle today. I was looking for things to sew on it!
Meanwhile it seems the end of the world is nigh - at least it seems that way for Miss2yo, so that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. My girls have been having a ball using my old singer while they are on school holidays. As I type my little miss 7 is clacking away whipping up a dollys handbag. Check out my blog to see the dolls they made yesterday.

    ReplyDelete