Instagram

Sunday 17 October 2010

Build up, or tear down?

 Today I am sharing a little story I enjoyed,  taken from a recent conference talk by a leader of my (lds) church.

In our day-to-day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact (see Alma 37:6–7). What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down. A simple and positive example is a story told about my grandmother. She sent one of her young children to buy some eggs. The trusted child was probably joyfully walking home along the road, but most of the eggs were broken when the child arrived home. A friend of the family was there and admonished my grandmother to scold the child for behaving so badly. Instead, Grandmother calmly and wisely said, “No, that will not make the eggs whole again. We will simply use what we can and make some pancakes that we can enjoy together.”

And that reminds me that I need to find where my hens have hidden their latest secret egg cache tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Helen :)

    Mine are still being guarded by the attack huntsman!

    ReplyDelete