Instagram

Thursday 27 October 2011

Pretty bluebirds and Doily overload

Just sharing some pics of my growing doily collection. I had them out to choose a few for a project I hope to share in the next day or so. Nothing too exciting.

I recently added a couple more embroidered bluebirds to my collection. These are some of my favourites.

My very favourite is the Blue Fairy Wren. We have them wild here in Adelaide. My sister goes walking around the Field creek (named after my Father's family so we say) and has seen them flitting through the bush.


The suitcase is bursting at the seams. After taking the embroidered doilies out it still seems full of the crocheted variety.
I love the crochet variety but I can't go past embroidered ones. One day I will make something that will display them all and not have them jammed into a suitcase out of sight. this pile includes a few tablecloths and "supper cloths" as one old dear in an Op-shop told me. Doesn't that sound ever so civilised and genteel?
It's getting harder to close that case!

No comments:

Post a Comment