Instagram

Friday 9 December 2011

2D Christmas wall trees

These are a great idea for those with limited space and bauble shattering critters around (both 4-legged and 2-legged varieties). Vic at Punky and Me made a lovely starched fabric circle tree on her wall.

Then the other nightI was amused to find  2D tree at a Church Christmas party. I liked the green tinsel outline and 3D baubles hanging from the points. My photo in no way does it justice, it was just a sneaky pic while we were singing carols via my phone.

These were all double sided scrap card circles blu-tacked onto the wall and each of them had a different  little challenge on the reverse. At one point in the evening, we all went forward and chose a circle for ourselves. I thought it was a lovely idea and it would make a great advent calendar idea too.

Our present swap/steal was a lot of fun and I managed to steal back what I brought. Intentionally.that is. I brought along a gag gift of that funny kitschy looking sausage dog for a laugh.

And they sure did laugh when the package was opened! LOL (But secretly I was miffed no-one appreciated him so I had to steal him back and let the recipient pick themselves a "real" gift. I would rather this than a bar of soap or some shortbread.)

I should have taken pics of the supper too. Passionfruit cream filled mini pavlova with blueberries or strawberries, cheesecake, chocolate cake with whole raspberries swirled through, chewy chunks of brownie topped with swirls of chocolate ganache, all home made, (I think all the major essential dessert food groups were present) plus platters of juicy Summer fruits and tasty dips with crudites. Delicious and scrum-diddly-ump-tious! (channelling Flanders - it was a church function after-all).

Off to another Church Christmas picnic with the kids this evening. Should be lots of fun. It usually ends with a water pistol (evolving to buckets) fight involving the littlest to the oldest Grandpas.

(And I dropped into a garage sale by the local scouts earlier today. I'll share that with you in the next day or so but it involves vintage luggage, pretty china, an original oil painting and very little $$).

3 comments:

  1. yum that supper sounds divine and I would have loved to get that little puppy he is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have loved the little puppy too and I'm glad you got to snavel him back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Christmas tree and the advent calendar idea is a great one. That puppy is very cute, I'm sure he'll be much happier in your home:)

    ReplyDelete